Do you have children or grandchildren? Perhaps you have decided that you want them to spend more time outside. After all, things like computer games and watching TV shows can get old, even if the kids don't realize it. If you've decided to create a great outdoor play area for children, from designing a play space to hiring a paving contractor, here are some ideas that might help you to create something special for children to enjoy.
Contact A Paving Contractor - Of course, the amount of space you have will be a large indicator of what the paving contractor can do.
- Contact a reputable paving contractor and explain what your plan is.
- Of course you'll want to get an estimate of how much the job will cost.
- In addition, get find out exactly when the job can be started and at least a ballpark date of when the job will be completed.
- You'll want everything on paper, including the cost of the job and the dates you have decided on.
Create A Design On Paper - When you meet with the paving contractor, present him with a design you have created yourself. The contractor will have the training and the experience to add to your ideas or to fine-tune them.
- Do you have enough space for basketball playing? If so, don't forget to buy a basketball net that can be raised and lowered, depending on the size and age of the children who will be using it.
- Think of having a separate area of the concrete for a picnic table and chairs. They can also be used when the children want to play board games outside.
- One fun idea is to decorate the concrete to look like a real basketball floor. Or, you could get whimsical and faux paint the concrete to look like Mexican tile or Italian marble.
- Another idea is to reserve a part of the concrete play area for playing games like tic-tac-toe, chess or checkers. Buy giant pieces to play those games.
The great part about having a concrete area for the children's play area is that the floor will be very easy to care for. Just use the water hose to clean it, adding a bit of gentle cleanser when it needs extra attention. In addition, your concrete play area will last so long that probably your children's grandchildren would be able to use it, too. Contact a company like Arrow Blacktop & Masonry Inc for more help